Ninth Princess. I need you to take a closer look at the contents of this book. This isn’t right. Neither is this. It is correct. No, it’s not! Look here! Look at what’s written here. Not even a word is accurate. No, no, you have to change it. This is all correct. Ninth Princess, can you even recognize all our Central Plains characters? – Are you going to correct it or not?
– I won’t. My grandson, you are busy with court affairs. It is not necessary to visit me this often. No matter how busy I am, I still have to pay my respects to you, Grandmother. Besides, there aren’t many court affairs these days, and I have the crown prince helping me take care of things, so I have some free time on hand. Your crown prince is quite sensible. He is able to unburden his imperial father. Grandmother, how is your health these days? Great, I’m doing great. The ninth princess comes over to my palace often. It’s very lively. I feel very energetic lately. That’s great. The ninth princess is a straightforward and interesting girl. She has been editing the Annals of the Western Border with Fifth these past days. How are they getting along? Is everything going smoothly? It’s going very smoothly. Speaking of him, let me tell you. I’ve heard from the eunuchs of Luminous Benevolence Hall that Fifth has been more hardworking than your scholar officials. And you may not even believe this, but he and the ninth princess have been looking through the contents together. He said that the ninth princess is from the Western Border. If the content in this book is approved by a person from the Western Border, then it makes it a truly wonderful book. Looks like the ninth princess is helpful to your fifth prince. Fifth is really a promising lad. They are really getting along very well. – Come here with me!
– Let me go! – It’s the Ninth Princess and Prince Yi arguing.
– I’m not letting go! Let’s go then! Who is afraid of whom? – Imperial Father, Imperial Great Grandmother.
– Your Majesty, Imperial Great Grandmother. I want to ask you two to be my judge today. Why are you two arguing so early in the morning? What would you like me to judge? It’s this. In this Annals of the Western Border, there are a lot of places that are wrong. But when I told Prince Yi to correct it, he refused. Imperial Father, Imperial Great Grandmother, the content is according to the ancient records and court files from the Western Border Protectorate General Office. It cannot be changed just because Ninth Princess says so. Those are ancient books and official records of your Li Empire. Of course, it will only have positive input on your state. Our Li Empire is a heavenly country that other kingdoms must pay homage to. That’s the truth. Why would we need to say good things about ourselves? That doesn’t mean you can say bad things about us! Even though Xi State is a small country, it is still prosperous and peaceful. Have you tried our grape wine? Have you seen the colored glass dome of our palace? Have you heard our hichiriki and reed pipe play music? Have you heard it? You haven’t! Then what makes you think you can call our Xi State a barbaric place? I insist on writing that. What are you going to do about it? I don’t agree. The poetry and songs from our empire have an everlasting reputation. There are unaccountable skilled workers and craftsmen. Using our casting production as an example, the Xi State can never surpass us even in a hundred years. What a joke! Your metal casting skills? Those copper coins of yours are even of variable sizes. They couldn’t even compare with our flat silvers. Xiaofeng. This book is based on an individual’s experience. If you think Prince Yi is biased on some things, you can just correct him. You don’t have to get too serious. Being serious is good! It’s quite interesting when two people get serious. But you don’t need to argue, keep it harmonious. Great-Grandmother, I’m speaking the truth. I saw it myself! If Your Majesty and Great Grandmother don’t believe me, I… I’ll go look for two copper coins now! Wait for me! – Do you have any coins? Let me borrow a couple.
– I don’t have any. -Do you have any copper coins?
– I don’t have any. – Princess.
– Do you have any copper coins? Lend me two of them. I’ve lent someone all my coins. Does anyone have any copper coins? – No, we don’t.
– No one has them? Sisters! If the other Her Hignesses find out that we aren’t respecting authority, and keep joking around with the future crown princess consort, we’ll all be in big trouble. – Understand?
– Understood. Let’s get back to work. You’ve just earned a great merit, yet I made you stay inside the palace to edit books. It’s really aggrieving on you. Imperial Father, I don’t feel wronged. I just want to do the job right.Even if it’s just editing books, if I take it seriously, there is a fun side to it. Xiaofeng, did you find any evidence? No. I usually don’t get any allowance, so I don’t have any copper coins. And then I went to borrow some, but they didn’t have any either. Ninth Princess, are you sad about not getting any allowance money? Don’t worry, come to my palace tomorrow. I’ll give you a lot of golden leaves. You can exchange it to whatever you want. – Great-Grandmother, I didn’t mean—
– I’m afraid that someone doesn’t have any evidence so they’re just making excuses. Your Majesty, Great-Grandmother, can you give me two more days? I’ll definitely find evidence. All right. All right. It’s up to you.